Sunday, May 15, 2016

We went to get a bench from Pottery Barn

(updated, now with more bench)

Sometimes I get these stubborn ideas about wanting one, specific thing and also wanting to see it in person before actually buying it. That's how we ended up in the car on the way to Colorado Springs this weekend.

Of course, no Saturday is complete without waffles, followed by a (9 mile) walk in the woods.



The worst thing you can say to me is "Smile normally."
 
A view of a snow-covered mountain after the clouds finally moved along.


A search for a different trail which, alas, is no more, due to changing property lines, but I did find a pasque flower.


A visit to a tiny town that held an even tinier town within.


And, finally, a flite of beers in the hallway of a repurposed elementary school with the coolest bathrooms ever.




Oh, and I did get my new coffee table/cat bench. I love successful weekends!

And Vince thinks the bench is his personal sauna. Maybe someday they'll try "on" in addition to "under."

1 comment:

  1. I love the "normal" smile! And where's the picture of the new bench/table??

    ReplyDelete