Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What does it all mean?


I guess I'm supposed to know this year. I hit the magic number where everything finally makes sense. Right. Of all years, this is probably one that I was lucky to see the other side of.  What have I learned this time?


Let the days pass. The good ones and the bad ones. No matter how screwed up that day/week/year was, the sun eventually sets on it.


If you find a comfortable spot, go back to it if you get a chance. A month after my first and only visit, the brewery owners remembered me and welcomed me back. It's a nice feeling in a space where everyone literally does know everyone else there.


Make new plans, too. My friends and I just realized we missed the deadline to enter our pickles/preserves/furniture, but we're going anyway. And, yes, that's a unicorn.

Age should not be a limitation.


Start your Saturday with cartoons and unlimited cereal. Though you may find that three bowls is enough and a straight hour of Tom and Jerry is way more than enough (non-kid eyes see that as a rather different show now).


 Eat cake. (courtesy of Missy)


Go watch Jaws in the pool, more than twenty years after a first, failed attempt to do so (yes, I'm in the photo).

Enjoy the flowers just before the storm rolls in.



And also the raptors by the side of the road.


Welcome the new kids in the group. They're just getting started.


So, what does it all mean? I haven't the slightest effing clue. Just keep appreciating the weirdness that you stumble upon. It'll help you along on your next trip around the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Who ever said it's all supposed to make sense??? I'm still working on that, too! Just enjoy the parts that make you smile and quietly step past the ones that don't.

    ReplyDelete