Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A solstice miracle


About a month ago, one of my socks went missing. As usual, it wasn't an old sock that had a few holes, but one of my warmest, newest socks. I do not accept the idea of something being "lost" very easily, so I revisited the laundromat a few times, combed through my closet and even called my dad to see if he hadn't packed it up in a suitcase after his visit. I hung the lonely, remaining sock in plain view in the closet, maybe in hopes of using it as a beacon to get the other one home. This morning I was putting on a pair of pants that I'm not particularly fond of, and out pops the prodigal sock from the left pant leg.

I can only assume this is a sign of an auspicious beginning to the new year. The full jar of Nutella that I found on my desk at work today didn't hurt either. You've got to take your good omens where you find them. Happy solstice, everybody, and enjoy the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment