Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My home away from home, with dinos

I did not mean to visit the Museum of Natural History in London three times, but it kept pulling me back. Between the architecture, the exhibits and the vastness of the place, there was a lot to like about it. The free entry was also a plus, but I think I liked the hidden-in-plain-sight animals best. Everywhere I went, they watched over me.

 









"Go ahead Mr. Pigeon. Poop on my head one more time..."

Monkeys!



I know it was really just a large glass box of many dead birds, but I find Victorian specimen collections oddly fascinating.




Even if you have no interest in rocks, the Minerals gallery is a happy place to enjoy the late afternoon sun.


It's the most lovely home for a museum I've found and, while I passed through it three times, I know I saw less than half of it. All the more reason to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment