Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer has dropped

So, it's a few weeks early, but all signs point to a seasonal shift at last. The sweet honey locust scent that blanketed downtown Moab last month now graces our finer parking lots.

The crows are panting.

Even the quotidian bike path beckons, hinting that returning to the office after lunch is a silly idea.
And, in other news, my hometown was the spawning ground for a nasty tornado last night. A neighborhood I once lived in escaped with minor tree-uprooting and roofing mishaps, but the cities further down the line didn't fare as well.

I had all my awkward pre-teen portraits taken in a photo studio just to the left of that TJ Maxx. Memory is weird. All those buildings are fine. Tornadoes are weird, too.

Let the warmth come. Slipping into a sundress after work and dipping into the two ice creams I made over the weekend is just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment