These are days of long light and warm morning breezes.Every plant and seed is now in the ground and, just one week after hitting the dirt, the first lanky cherry tomato plant was tied to its stake this evening.
The bags of greens are filling up the veggie drawers in the fridge and I am pushing garlic scapes on unwitting neighbors on my walk home.This past week has also been a whirlwind of non-garden activity. Beth and Keagan's wedding has been faithfully recorded by other cameras, so those images may come along later, but any day that starts with a pie-sharing feast at South Walnut Cafe right after the ceremony and ends with a soggy and silly trip to Southern Sun is memorable even without pictures. I did get a shot of another of Smoyle's mind-blowing cakes, though. Yum.
If it meant that we'd all get a chance to catch up with old friends and make wonderful new ones, I'd say we should have weddings more often. Till the next one...
No comments:
Post a Comment