Sunday, August 22, 2010

And summer is back

Maybe I was fooled by a few days of cool, rainy weather and nights when blankets were almost necessary, but I was mistaken. Too many long days in the office and I missed summer's reappearance in the area, but ninety plus on the weekend is kind of obvious.

We were hoping for a bit more cloud cover for this morning. I rode over towards Longmont for my friend's first triathlon this morning and the sun was already blazing. Melissa finished with smile still intact - nice work! Some of the racers looked at me quizzically when I was riding my bike the wrong way on their course and a few tried to get me to join them, but, in my world, running is for catching the bus and eluding predators and swimming should never include a sense of urgency. I had great respect for the women out there today.

My weekend's accomplishments were not so admirable. What can I say? They were on sale.

Oh, and I did go on a gleeful killing spree in the garden this evening, but we'll talk about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment