Sunday, November 15, 2009
Matinee weekend
Cold and kind of snowy means the bikes stay home, since I'm kind of lazy about cleaning them. It's also a good time to take in a movie or two for less than the exorbitant evening rate and I caught both An Education and Where the Wild Things Are at the early showings. The first one I'd been looking forward to seeing for a couple months and it was a satisfying British period piece with an impressive cast and great costumes. The second one I'd been somewhat hesitant about, since I'm skeptical of all book adaptations, and especially of adaptations of classic children's books. Visually, it was pretty amazing and, in the end, quite moving. The walk back across town to the bus took me past the chocolate shop where I felt compelled to pause and continue my unproductive day. The cup looks deceptively small, but this is chocolate soup and you really wouldn't want a drop more. Trust me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment