Monday, November 9, 2009

Circles

I often feel like certain parts of my life are playing on a continuous loop, but Friday night there was actually a reason. The Waltworks Dreamteam hit the velodrome after work. For most of us, it was our first time on an indoor track with a 45 degree angle built in to it, and for some (me), the first time on a track bike. That would be a bike with one gear and no hand brakes.

I have to admit, it was kind of fun, even if I couldn't manage to stay on the tail of the paceline and added a few bonus laps trying to decide how and when to stop. I even got talked into showing up for the next six weeks for more training. It can only help, so long as I don't end up with splinters. Thanks to RC and Nick for setting it all up. At least now I can say I have something to do on a Friday night!

Thanks to Chris for the screaming photo of Fuentes that we've all borrowed for our respective blogs. Hopefully Megan's camera can be revived and we'll have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment