Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We all saw it coming

Summer has not been subtle this year. It's been lurking in the background since those 75 degree days in March. All the other usual signs were there...

Road trips!




Dune treks







The lovely Smoyle/Redcoat wedding where I was having too much fun to take a decent photo

Absent rain + 100 degrees = minor local smoke signals


Cats melted to the floor


Cool pool party



Popsicles for grown ups (vodka-powered rocket ships)
The season's still pushing through like a freight train. The jumps from mulberries, to sour cherries, to sweet cherries were fast and early and the peaches are already on their way. Oppressive heat was replaced by a handful of days of our missing precipitation and the air has a different, smoke-free, feel to it now. The neighborhood skies are being patrolled by large squadrons of dragonflies and a toad has adopted my house for his evening constitutionals. Plants in the garden have taken the rain as a cue to grow. I think I hear the weeds calling...roll on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment