Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ah, spring, we hardly knew ye

Seems like just yesterday we were still layering with jackets and gloves in the morning. Probably because it was just last week.

The future cherries and future plums were nervously showing their blooms. On some humid evenings, you could practically taste the blossoms.

The redbud was standing around looking pretty, because it's good at that.

The first seeds to hit the ground were sheltered under a blanket.

The peas were being extra shy in the cool, damp afternoons.

A meerkat showed up in my mailbox, though its appearance was only tangentially spring-related.

And now? Now we've moved on to "The spinach is wilted and it's nine in the morning, better ride before the dessicating wind starts up, bugs are pinging off my face for the whole ride, did I put on enough sunscreen? (no), where's the ice cream? and turn on the ceiling fan, I believe this calls for a nap" season.

Some of us are OK with that, but I still feel half-dressed without a coat in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment