Might have been a bluebird, maybe one of the flycatchers. Hard to say, since this is all that was left. I'd like to believe that the brilliant captive pulled off an amazing escape, fleeing two hyper-excited indoor cats and flying directly out the open door it was pulled through. Yeah, that's a nice thought. In reality, I know I'll probably be meeting this bird again shortly, in one form or another. Ick.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Carnage in the bathroom, or, Cats 1, Local Birds -1
When you arrive home to find that lone, tiny feather drifting across the kitchen floor, you hope for a second that it just blew in the open door. Creeping slowly through the house, you scan for matching feathers in other odd places. I was almost relieved till I got to the bathroom.
Might have been a bluebird, maybe one of the flycatchers. Hard to say, since this is all that was left. I'd like to believe that the brilliant captive pulled off an amazing escape, fleeing two hyper-excited indoor cats and flying directly out the open door it was pulled through. Yeah, that's a nice thought. In reality, I know I'll probably be meeting this bird again shortly, in one form or another. Ick.
Might have been a bluebird, maybe one of the flycatchers. Hard to say, since this is all that was left. I'd like to believe that the brilliant captive pulled off an amazing escape, fleeing two hyper-excited indoor cats and flying directly out the open door it was pulled through. Yeah, that's a nice thought. In reality, I know I'll probably be meeting this bird again shortly, in one form or another. Ick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment